Friday, February 25, 2011

Good morning folks....

A few thoughts today on LIFE and the beauty of it....

There are many folks who don't appreciate the life given them by our Creator, nor the very air they breathe, much less the breath they take, which is all of the Spirit, given by Him/Her, maintained, cherished, and eventually called forth by the self same Spirit.

I never want to be so lax as to not know these several things or at least be aware of these principles of LIFE. I am so glad I can arise each morning and wiggle my toes, feel the pain my 71 year old legs give me sometimes, and step outside to take that first breath of cold clear Northern Wisconsin air. The fact that I can move at all, or take a breath I attribute to the same loving Creator who made me what I am today, and for always. I am Neshnabe and on Monday,  I go to Athens, MI to bury one of my students, Ruth Ann Chivis, who also was a dear friend and sister of the Neshnabe faith.

She is no longer alive but somewhere in the Universe awaiting her release so she can go home. I am the one the family has chosen to speak to her and give her that release to go among her distant relatives beyond. She will leave the kin and friends she has here among the living, but she will have our undying love and admiration. I, along with others, will still have the LIFE she once had and it is my intent to cherish it as long as our Creator will allow me to, and be happy the day He/She calls me forth into the Heavens.
I am glad to be alive.....

Nin se Neaseno.

No comments:

Post a Comment